Friday, July 10, 2020

Cartoons and Comics

Cartoons and Comics
I had not used cartoon or comic apps before.  I think that after using the apps, it is a great way to catch the eye of many.  It's a great way for students to engage in projects or activities and it requires them to think creatively.

Fotojet:
Fotojet required you to log in to a free trial and I believe it was seven days.  Initially, I thought it was only a graphic design that did not include comics.  However, after a few tries and exploring the site I was able to locate the comic section.  It was loaded with templates.  I really enjoyed the templates.  It did however had restrictions on the free version of the app.  It had few free characters you could use, but it did allow you access to your pictures or bitmoji.  I didn't like that you didn't have an options to use their backgrounds with your pictures.  I did find however, that it was user friendly with all the options right on the screen.  I also feel like the paid subscription was reasonably priced, which I'm considering purchasing.  In all despite the constraints, I really did enjoy the app.  






















Pixton:
Pixton was really nice.  It allowed you to create your own avatar.  This site though was a bit confusing at the start.  It seems that in order to access some of their features, you would need to use their avatar, which is fine.  I just couldn't use my Bitmoji.  I liked how you are able to create different facial expressions.  It had nice background graphics.  It didn't give you an option as to the layout.  In all, after exploration I found it easy to use and I liked the options, which were more than the other two.




MakeBeliefsComix:

I found the site to be a bit busy.  It was fairly easy to use.  You couldn't quite create an avatar, but you were able to select a character.  The characters were fun, but limited professional characters.  The backgrounds were also limited.  The tools or objects were nice.  I was able to use a cell phone and type on that.  In all, this was my least favorite, simply because the choices were not exactly "me" and didn't allow me upload any of my photos.  It does convey the message, but to me, it was a little less personalized.





  • Click the link above to access the book preview to Roller Girl!
  • The video below is a Screencast of the Tellagami video.





5 comments:

  1. I really liked your comic strips/cartoons. I like how you incorporated technology in your second strip. I think these platforms will be of great use in our libraries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on your comic strips! I like how you used your bitmoji.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Concha,
    Kudos to you for your Fotojet comic! I did not like it and I admit, got frustrated with that site and didn't find as many options as you did! But your positive review makes me want to go back and explore it some more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the Tellagami video. I had never heard of this app before this assignment. In addition to what you demonstrated I can see lots of uses for it in the library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute comics. I also like how the avatars faces could be changed for expression in Pixton. I could not get my ipad to make a Tellagami. I am impressed with yours. I will try it again at a later date.

    ReplyDelete